Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Skillet Bacon Jam


I make bacon jam and thought it would be interesting to try someone else's version. I got a sample of Skillet Bacon Jam the other day and have to say that I prefer mine.

Skillet Bacon Jam, by Skillet Street Food, is a finely chopped combo of Niman Ranch bacon, onions, balsamic vinegar, and spices. The color out of the jar is a bit gray and unappealing. To my tastes, it's too vinegary, really more of a chutney than a jam. "Spread" is a good neutral word for it. I'm not saying that it's bad - to anyone who hasn't tasted *my* bacon jam it would probably be amazing. Just not my thing.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

0 comments: